Thursday, May 6, 2010

{spring sofa table}

I recently changed up my sofa table with some spring decor. It's so light and charming. Not too crowded, enough space to not feel cluttered.

Apothecary jar with "W" (my last name), pink glitter garland fills the middle apothecary jar, along with a crystal rosaryaraped over the lid and mossy rocks fill the largest jar.
Tiered sterling silver serving stand, fresh cut hydrangeas from my flower bed, picture of my family

The sofa table - cuteness!

I went on a day trip to Dallas with my mom recently and I returned with these treasures. I went to a place called "World Market". We don't have that store in Oklahoma and it's absolutely fantastic! There's ton of food from all over the world. I got some coarse sea salt, lemon curd and 2 bottles of wine.
I also made a short trip to Ikea and got some vases, and jars. A pair of wedge shoes from Bass, and a batter bowl and towels at Home Goods, another store we don't have in Oklahoma.
All in all, it was a great and productive day!


Spraking of productive, let's take a trip through my back yard.
See this beauty? Look closer.
Yup, right there. These are my FAVORITE flowers. I love love love hydrangeas. They're stunning. They change colors based on the ph of the soil. They're so light and fluffy.


These are my newest plants. Welcome to the back yard, ladies! (blue on the left, pink on the right) These ladies were COVERED in blooms when I bought them, so the minute I planted them they all bent over from the weight of the blooms. I had to do some quick pruning, and now my house is filled with hydrangeas in vases.


These other ladies are on the other side of my patio (pink on the left and blue on the right).

Hope you enjoyed the peek into my back yard oasis. It's got a long ways to go, but for me, it's paradise.

No comments: