Tuesday, May 4, 2010

{spring around these parts}

Spring is finally here and boy am I glad! With spring comes the chore...err....pleasure of gardening and planting. It's been a bit challenging at times, but I love what's been done. Here's a quick peek at the B&A from my landscaping adventures this past week.

When I bought my house 10 months ago, the landscaping was less than stellar. The flower beds were filled with the red clay dirt that Oklahoma is famous for and my plants were not happy campers. Not to mention the lazy builders who decided to throw trash (ie, loose screws, nails, candy wrappers) into my flower beds and then dump dirt on top of it to cover their mess - slobs!



It's amazing what some new soil and plants will do. Not to mention my stone brick edging that my dad helped me lay down. I'm happier than a pig in mud, I tell ya! Who's ready for a garden party?

I found these candy colored flower pots at Wall's Bargain Center in Shawnee when I went to visit my BFF Jess and her sweetie pie, Chad. Aren't they darling? The red geraniums are going to have a happy summer living in those beauties.

I saw this sassy little thing at Lowes and knew she'd have to come home with me. Pink is my color. Don't you love the weiner dog foot scrape? Courtesy of my parents (thanks mom and dad!) They have a matching one on their back patio.

Well, there ya have it folks! It's been a lot of work, but I'm over the moon excited about it. It's simple, yet classic. Coming up next, the BACK yard....(insert dramatic music here) and let me tell you....it's just as good, if not better than the front.
Stay tuned.

No comments: