Tuesday, January 4, 2011

{Recipe and a Project}

One of my most favorite foods is a German dish called bierocks. It's a bread filled with hamburger, sausage and shreaded cabbage. I've been on the hunt for a recipe for a good bierock for a while and finally stumbled across one recently, so I had to give it a try and the verdict is..... oh my goodness! Tastes just like I remember!
Bierocks
1lb ground chuck
1lb pork sausage (some like the hot kind, I just used regular)
1lb shreaded cabbage
2c shreaded cheddar cheese
2 tsp Lowry's Seasoned Salt
2 tsp black pepper
1 package Rhodes Frozen Dinner Rolls (follow directions on bag to thaw)
Brown the chuck, sausage and cabbage together in a large pot or dutch oven until cooked thoroughly. Drain grease. Add, seasoned salt, pepper and cheese.
Make a hole in the dinner roll and fill with meat mixture. Pinch to seal and place seam side down on a baking sheet.
Bake @ 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bread is golden.
Fresh out of the oven...

Look at the meat filling poking out....it's saying "I'm so yummy!"
Finally, this is a little project I've been working on for the spring. It's a 12x16 painted canvas. Perfect for Valentines Day and spring time! I think it still needs a few extra touches, some lace maybe? Glitter?


The Christmas decorations are down and I always get sad taking them down. Putting each ornament away until next year always makes me sad. It's like saying goodbye to an old friend. The house looks so empty so I've been brainstorming for ways to make my stash of decorating accessories really pop and look new and exciting for the new year....stay tuned for another post tonight to see what I've come up with so far!

No comments: