Wednesday, June 30, 2010

{How I Met my House}

I saw this post over at Southern Confort in a Nothern Life a while ago and was inspired to write about it. Especially since today, June 30th, was exactly a year ago when I signed the paperwork and became a homeowner.
I stared looking around March 2009 and I looked at a LOT of houses. And I mean, a LOT. I wanted something not too old, and that would require little maintenance. I knew a house built within the last 15-20 years was right up my alley. I found several houses I liked and suffered heartbreak when the contracts contiunally fell through.
I wanted to stay relatively close to my parent's, just in case I need anything or have a little emergency. I found this house in a brand new neighborhood 5 miles from my parents.

I was able to sign the contract in the middle of construction so I got to pick out the cabinets, carpet, tile, etc. I went with walnut cabinets. I've always been a fan of darker wood. This is the dining area and kitchen.

My living room is huge. I love it. lots of free space to move around and do my aerobics and whatnot. I searched high and low for the perfect furniture to go in the house. I didn't have furniture for a month becuase I didn't want to make a hasty purchase and end up with something I didn't love.

No comments: